Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Here goes nothing....

Published by Carly at 6:59 AM

Due to being extremely unorganized this whole week I could not sleep in my own bed because my room looked like it was on an episode of Hoarders on A&E. So, as one can imagine, packing was a little daunting and wicked over due! For those of you who don't know me, I am usually packed three days in advance of any trip that is going to last anywhere from one day to one week (aka my OCD kicks in). That being said, I am usually packed much further in advanced for longer trips. The packing process for this trip has broken the mold and it is probably because of the way I plan on approaching the next 27 months. Many people have asked me if I am nervous, excited, sad, ready, not ready, etc. to leave for an extended period of time. My response to this has simply been that if I view my commitment as a whole I get a little freaked out, so I plan on taking it day by day. Why worry about things before they happen? Enjoy the moment, soak it in, appreciate it...

As far as what I will be doing before I actually leave the ole USofA:

Wednesday morning I am taking a train to Grand Central, then moving myself to Penn Station. From there I will take another train to Philly. Once in Philly I will meet up with the other volunteers and register for staging. The rest of Wednesday will be spent in meetings about what we should expect/ what we expect for the coming weeks/ months. Thursday morning all of us will take a bus to JFK for an evening departure for Tanzania.

For those of you who are interested and because I saw that another volunteer do this: Before and After pictures:



2 comments:

Traubd said...

Well Carly,

I was not sure what the color of the carpet was until now. Check your back pack I can't find the dog.

-Dad

Anonymous said...

Hi Carly,
I am going to have a great time reading your blog and living vicariously in Tanzania while never leaving Kent! Enjoy and keep writing to us all.
Cathe
p.s. I found Sailor and took her for a walk on Sunday.....

Post a Comment